Well we were running low on training treats as we have been using quite alot on our training sessions and since we had another can of tuna in water plus a head of lettuce that my mom brought recently, I decided to make some tuna veggie training treats for Nikie! This is our first time making treats without following a recipe so please forgive us if we are not too good at this!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup oat flour (can be made by blending oats)
- 1 can tuna in water (I used the Ayam brand; tuna in mineral water)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp ground flax seed
- 1/2 tsp rosemarry
- 1 layer of lettuce
- 3 tsp water
1. Preheat oven at 180 degrees celsius.
2. Blend oats in blender/food processor to form oat flour. (Skip this step if you already have oat flour)
3.. Place all the ingredients into your trusty blender/food processor and blend till smooth!
4. Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until throughout cooked. (I wanted it to be more of a brownie consistency instead of a biscuit one so that it would be more ideal for training as it would turn out softer and more moist. I baked for 50min and the treats turned out like biscuits, hence if you also want more of a moist and softer consistency, I think you can bake it for about 30min-40min!
5. Cut the treats up using a knife or pizza cutter into small training squares!
Overall Nikie quite enjoyed the tuna treats but I think he still prefers the liver brownies that I made a few weeks beforehand, maybe cause its smellier and more yummy…? Hahaha 😛 If you ever try out this recipe do tell us how it was for your pup in the comments or on our instagram! Also do tell me if you know any good training treat recipes!! Wanna try out new ones for Nikie hehehe 😀
Ray Cher & Nikie